The wedding Puja session of the Hindu marriage ceremonies differ from state to state, but the core logic of the wedding Puja will be more or less same in all the regions.
The major ritual of Hindu marriage ceremony is:
- Invoking God Weddinga (Wedding Puja)
- Evoking the holy fire (Agni Puja)
- Kanyadhaan - Giving away the bride to the groom (kanyadhaan puja)
- Tying of holy necklace (Mangalsutra)
- The Seven Holy Steps ("Saptapadi"), circling the fire
- Bride steps on the stone (Shilarohana)
- Most of the ceremonies involve the pandit (priest) chanting mantras (in Sanskrit-an age old language of India) of various prayers and blessings for the couple.
The Wedding Puja and the rituals of the communities originating from different states of India, differs to a large extent.
Durga Puja | Ganesh Puja | Guru Puja | Kali Puja | Lakshmi Puja | Saraswati Puja | Satyanarayana Puja | Shiva Puja | Shivaratri Puja | Visakha Puja | Wedding Puja
Pongal | Makara Sankranthi | Thaipusam | Maha Shivratri |
Holi | Ugadi | Ram Navami | Onam | Sri Krishna Jayanti / Janmashtami | Ganesh Chaturthi | Vijayadasami | Durga Puja | Navarathri | Diwali | Rakhi | Eid ul-Fitr | Eid ul-Adha (Bakrid) | Ramadan | Christmas | Good Friday | Easter | Mahavir Jayanti
Culture and Heritage of India
Bharatanatyam | Kathak | Kathakali | Kuchupudi | Mohiniyattam | Odissi Dance
Carnatic Music | Hindustani
Art in India | Paintings | Architecture | Modern Indian Painting | Dr Anis Farooqui
Durga Puja | Saraswati Puja |
Ganesh Puja | Shiva Puja | Kali Puja | Lakshmi Puja | Satyanarayana Puja | Shivaratri Puja | Wedding Puja | Visakha Puja | Guru Puja | Namaz Guide | Ancient India Culture | Culture of Delhi | Culture of Mumbai | Culture of Chennai | Culture of Hyderabad | Culture of Bangalore | Culture of Kolkata | Bihari Wedding | Traditional State Sikkim
Bollywood | Bengali Cinema | Kannad Cinema | Kollywood | Malayalam Cinema | Tollywood | Film Reviews | Indian Film Stars | Hindi Film News