Almonds are considered as king of nuts. An almond is the kernel of a small fruit that grows on a tree.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Almonds are known to lower cholesterol level, especially the low density lipoprotein.
- Almonds contain more calcium than any other nut and help regulate calcium metabolism.
- Almond has cancer fighting protease inhibitors.
- Almond is good for anemia treatment.
- Almonds have a laxative effect due to it fiber content hence it is useful in the treatment of constipation.
Articles on Health