Healthy starter for parties: corn capsicum sandwich
Sandwiches are delicious snacks for parities as well as people can eat at home. Sweet corn capsicum sandwich is very simple to prepare.
- Important: (Measurement: 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup steamed or boiled sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper or 85 grams bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, crushed or 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves or 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves or add fresh herbs of your choice
- 1/4 cup grated cheese, 25 grams, processed cheese or cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream or white sauce (optional)
- 10 to 12 bread slices
- Butter as required
- Salt as required
- To make this capsicum corn sandwich, first step is to boiled corn kernels and capsicum are sauteed in little olive oil with Italian herb.
- If using white sauce, then thick, creamy white sauce is made and mixed with corn-capsicum mixture.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except butter and bread.
- Spread some butter on bread slices.
- Evenly spread the corn capsicum stuffing on the bread slice. Cover with a second buttered slice.
- Then place the sandwich in a preheated sandwich maker.
- Grill for a few minutes, till the sandwiches become crisp and golden. We can also toast these sandwiches in a hand held stove top toaster or in the oven.
- Remove and slice them.
- Serve sweet corn capsicum sandwich hot or warm with tomato ketchup.
These sandwiches are nutritious as well as tasty and suitable for all age groups.
By- Ragini Sinha