Christmas Alcoholic Beverages
Holiday Cheer Mimosa
This simple drink recipe requires only two ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare. Perfect for a romantic touch
- Champagne, chilled
- Cranberry juice cocktail, chilled (orange juice can be substituted)
- Fill chilled champagne flutes half-way with cranberry juice cocktail.
- Fill to top of glass with champagne.
- Stir gently and serve.
Christmas Cranberry Cheer
Nothing says Christmas like cranberries!
- 64-ounce cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 1 bottle red wine, chilled
- 1/3 cup bottled sweetened lime juice
- 1 liter bottle lemon-lime soda
Christmas Cranberry Punch Recipe
- Mix all ingredients in a large punch bowl.
- Add Holiday Cheer Ice Cubes Splash, recipe below.
- 2 cups Vodka
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- Combine ingredients in a large and festive punch bowl.
- Serve with Holiday Cheer Ice Cubes Splash
Gingerbread Apple Cocktail
2 oz. Domaine de Canton
1 oz. vanilla vodka
2.5 oz. apple cider
A few drops of lemon juice
Line a chilled martini glass lightly with agave syrup on a dish followed by spiced graham cracker crumbs. Place all ingredients except for orange zest in a shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into glass. Freshly grate orange zest on drink and serve immediately.
- 1/2 oz. brandy
- 1/2 oz. crème de cacao
- 1 tbsp. cream
Pour ingredients carefully in this order: 1)Creme de cacao 2) Brandy 3) 1 tbsp. cream. Ideally served in a Pousse Cafe glass or specialty glass
- 1 1/2 oz. Canadian whisky
- 1 1/2 oz. orange juice
- 1 tsp. grenadine
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Mix all ingredients with cracked ice in a shaker or blender. Pour into a chilled Old Fashioned glass.
- 2 oz. Midori
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tsp. sugar syrup
Mix all ingredients with ice in a shaker. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Option: Garnish this green drink with a red cherry.
- 4 oz. champagne (chilled)
- 1 oz. apricot nectar or liqueur
Mixing instructions:Pour apricot nectar or liqueur into a champagne flute. Fill to the top with cold champagne and stir gently. The apricot color makes this version of the Bellini (usually peach nectar) more festive and offers a nice version of this classic drink.
ENGLISH CHRISTMAS PUNCH
- 3 cups strong tea
- 2 750-ml. bottles dry red wine
- 1 750-ml. bottle dark rum
- 1 lb. superfine sugar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
Heat wine, tea and fruit juices in a chafing dish or saucepan, but do not boil. This punch may be served from the chafing dish or transferred to a heatproof punch bowl. Put sugar into a large ladle and saturate with rum. If ladle is not large enough for all the sugar, put remainder in punch bowl. Ignite rum in ladle and pour blazing into punch. Stir well, extinguish flames, and then pour remainder of rum into punch. Stir again and serve. Makes about 27 servings.
OSCAR'S FESTIVE PUNCH
- 4 oz. grenadine
- 2 Litre Club Soda
- 2 Litre Ginger Ale
- 1- 355 ml. frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 1- 355 ml. frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1- 1.89L cranberry/raspberry cocktail
- 1- 1.89L pineapple juice
- 1 - 1.89L cranberry cocktail
- mint leaves optional
- Orange and lemon slices optional
Makes approx 35 servings.
Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl. Keep a bottle of vodka or rum nearby to allow your guests to make their serving alcoholic. Use a large block of ice to keep the punch cold longer and undiluted.