Healing Effects Of Cabbage
Cabbage is one of the cruciferous cousins in the vegetable family. The therapeutic values of cabbage are:
- Choline content helps to maintain the neurotransmitters that support memory.
- Photochemical are believed to help impede the production of cancer cells, as well as decrease inflammation. Studies show cabbage is a cancer fighter, especially for stomach, colon and breast cancers.
- Cabbage can prevent the active oxidation and cell aging as well as increase immunity ability, prevent arteriosclerosis. More leaves and more tender, the anti oxidation of cabbage is stronger.
- Raw cabbage has also been reported to be helpful remedy for the treatment of ulcers. It cleans and cures old ulcers as it contains the anti- ulcer factor Vitamin U.
- The cabbage is used widely; it not only can be eaten, but have the function of beautification. The leaves of cabbage can absorb the aging substances on skin and improve the blood circulation.
- Application of cabbage leaves reduces swelling, cures painful eczema.
- Raw cabbage provides the roughage which peristaltic movements. It therefore helps to treat constipation. The juice of the cabbage softens the belly and makes one go to stool.
- Cabbage juice mixed with honey makes syrup that heals hoarseness and coughing.
- Vitamin C content provides strength to the blood vessels.