Healing Effects Of Fenugreek
Fenugreek seeds are used as a seasoning and flavoring agent in food. It is also used as a cosmetic product.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Fenugreek seeds lower serum triglycerides, total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein cholesterol.
- It is useful in the control of blood sugar.
- Fenugreek seeds contain chemicals similar to estrogen, loss of which causes menopausal symptoms, so eating fenugreek to the diet helps minimize them.
- Fenugreek use helps relive sore throat pain, cough and minor indigestion.
- Fenugreek is very useful in fever, colic, ulcers, gout, diabetes and baldness.
- It is useful in digestive complaints including gastritis and gastric ulcers.