Healing Effects Of Orange
Orange is the most popular of citrus fruits, widely available. It is an alkaline-reacting fruit. Oranges can be eaten by pealing or also in juice form. The juice form is also beneficial as it is a rich source of vitamin C. Children who are prone to morning colds are recommended to take the juice on a daily basis.
Its therapeutic values are:
- The vitamin C content in orange promotes the absorption of dietary calcium and iron.
- It prevents scurvy, rickets and helps growth.
- Oranges are known to prevent frequent attacks of common cold, influenza and bleeding tendencies.
- Orange juice is ideal in fevers like typhoid, tuberculosis and measles. It gives energy, increases urinary output and promotes body resistance against infection, thereby hastening recovery.
- It stimulates flow of digestive juices thus improving digestion and increase in appetite.
- Acidosis can be best neutralized by orange intake.