Healing Effects Of Apple
Apple is one of the most valuable of all fruits. It is a sub-acid fruit. It is considered as protective and most wholesome food. The healing properties of apples and its medicinal benefits are well known. Apples are also easy to store and have a long shelf life even at home. Added to that is the fact that apples are available throughout the year. These India is importing apples from all over the world so one has a variety of flavours and tatses and sizes to choose from. However there is a growing concern about apples being polished by wax making it not safe to eat the peel. The saying - 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away', seems to stand tru even today.
It's therapeutic values are:
- Apples have been found beneficial in the treatment of both constipation and diarrhea. Raw apples are good for constipation. At least two apples should be taken daily for proper evacuation of the bowels. Cooked or baked apples are good for diarrhea. The cooking process softens the cellulose. Much of its value as a regulating material is thus lost and it is effective in looseness of the bowels.
- Tooth decay can be prevented by regular consumption of apples, as they possess a mouth cleansing property. The acid of the apple also exerts an antiseptic influence upon the germs present in the mouth and teeth when it is thoroughly chewed.
- Apples are good source of potassium as a result of which it helps in alleviation of heart disease and regulates contraction of muscle fibres.
- It helps in bringing down blood pressure to normal. It lowers the sodium levels in tissue.
- Potassium and phosphorous help flush the kidneys and calm the stomach.
- Apples have a lot of fibre and are not as high as mangoes and chiku in sugar content. SO it's a healthy and filling snack for people watching their weight.