Free India Recipes
Here are some Free Recipes for an Indian Plate. If you want to contribute food recipes to this page please submit your recipes here.
| Fish Recipe Book at Discount%
Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls
Sweet and sour chicken balls to be served with rice or noodles.
1 lb Ground chicken
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1 Clove garlic, minced
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
5 tb Flour, divided
3 tb Canola oil
1 cn Pineapple chunks in own juice (14 ounces)
1 Chicken bouillon cube
1 Green pepper, sliced into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 tb Cornstarch
2 tb Sugar
1 ts Ground ginger
2 tb Soy sauce
1/4 c Vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the ground chicken and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Sprinkle the remaining flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Drop the chicken mixture by heaping teaspoons onto the floured waxed paper and roll in the flour to form balls.
- Heat the canola oil in a nonstick frypan over high heat. Add the chicken balls and cook, turning, until brown, about 6 minutes. Remove the chicken balls and drain on paper towels. Drain the oil from the frypan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple into a measuring cup; add water to make 1 cup liquid. Add the bouillon cube to the pineapple juice and stir to dissolve.
- Place the frypan over low heat; add the pineapple chunks and green peppers. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Combine the cornstarch, sugar and ginger in a small bowl; stir in the soy sauce and vinegar until smooth.
- Add the pineapple juice and then the cornstarch mixture, stirring, and cook until clear and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken balls over sauce and serve with hot cooked rice and crisp Chinese noodles.