Halloween Drink Recipes
Bleeding Heart Martini
- 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 8 ounces premium gin
- Ice cubes
- Chill 4 martini glasses in the freezer or fill with ice water and let sit until frosty, about 5 minutes (pour out water). Add the vermouth, dividing evenly; swirl to coat the glasses, then pour out. Add gin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled; divide among chilled glasses. Garnish each with a skewered pickled baby beet, and serve immediately.
- 4 ounces prosecco
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce Blavod Black vodka, chilled
- In a champagne flute, combine prosecco, orange juice, Campari, and simple syrup. Pour vodka over the back of a cocktail spoon into glass creating a layer of black. Serve immediately.
- 3 ounces tangerine juice
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 3/4 ounce grenadine
- Ice cubes
- Combine juice and rum in a tall glass filled with ice. Top with grenadine. Serve.
This cocktail is beautifully two-toned when first poured; afterwards, the ingredients start to mix together into an intense orange color.
Sinister Cider Cocktail
- Fine black sanding sugar
- 1 lady apple, chopped
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 ounce maple syrup
- 1 ounce apple cider
- 2 ounces vodka
- Club soda
- 1 thin crosswise slice lady apple, for garnish
- Moisten the rim of a martini glass with water. Place sanding sugar in a saucer and dip rim of glass in sanding sugar to coat; set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together apple cubes and lime wedges. Add syrup, cider, and vodka; fill with ice. Cover and shake until well combined. Strain into prepared martini glass; top with club soda. Garnish with apple slice and serve.
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 orange (ends cut off), thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bottles well-chilled dry red wine, such as Rioja or red Zinfandel
- 1 cup club soda
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- In a large pitcher, stir together brandy, orange and apple slices. Let stand 15 minutes. Add wine, club soda, and orange juice. Serve over ice.
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (from about 10 limes)
- 8 cups club soda
- 1 cup gin (optional)
- Freeze grapes until firm, 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together sugar and lime juice; bring to a boil. Simmer until sugar has dissolved and liquid is syrupy, about 2 minutes. Let cool completely, 30 minutes.
- In a punch bowl or pitcher, stir together lime syrup, club soda, frozen grapes, and (if using) gin. Serve immediately
Shrunken Heads in Cider
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 32 whole cloves
- 2 gallons apple cider
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups spiced rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- Peel apples and cut each in half through the stem; remove seeds and core. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a face, as desired, on the rounded side of each apple half. Place apples in lemon mixture for one minute; transfer to paper towels to drain.