An appetizingly crispy and nourishing Indian starter, Chicken Pakora is served with a variety of sauces in many grand parties. These chicken pakoras are quick and easy to make.
Chicken Pakora is marinated in spices which add taste to this. These pakoras can be made in different ways.
Below is the recipe for chicken pakora:
- 450g cubed chicken
- 1/2 small cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh coriander: 1 tsp
- 5 tablespoons gram flour
- vegetable oil
Method for making chicken pakora:
- Mix together chicken, cabbage and carrots. Season with turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, tandoori masala, salt and fresh coriander.
- Add gram flour and just enough water to create a smooth, heavy mixture that clings the chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
- Heat a large pot of oil over low heat. Add the mixture by the spoonful and cook gently, until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat up and fry until golden and crispy.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels. Serve hot with a variety of sauces, such as hot chilli sauce, plain yoghurt or tamarind sauce.
Special instruction: Chicken Pakora should not be fried in very hot oil.
These spicy Chicken Pakoras will be definitely liked by guests in party.
By- Ragini Sinha