- 1/2 cup ghee / oil
- 8 large eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 flakes garlic (curshed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 brown Cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 4 green cardamom pods (chhoti elaichi)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 2 cups Basmati (long grain) Rice
- 21/2 cups warm water
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 tomatoes (thickly sliced) to garnish
Heat the oil / ghee in a deep sauce pan and fry onions and garlic together with the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamoms, until golden.
Carefully prick the eggs with a fork and add to the pan.
Stir in turmeric, chili powder and fry for about 5 minutes.
Add pre-soaked rice and stir slowly and carefully for 2 minutes.
Pour in water and salt to taste, and cook over a modeate heat until the rice is tender and water is absorbed.
Sprinkle garam masala powder over it.
Garnish egg biryani with chopped coriander and tomato slices, serve hot.
Beef Biryani Recipe |
Chicken Biryani Recipe |
Egg Biryani Recipe |
Fish Biryani Recipe |
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe |
Mutton Biryani Recipe |
Shrimp Biryani Recipe |
Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Other Biryani Recipes