Dark circles are very common and females are conscious about this problem as it impacts on their look. Dark circles are usually dark discoloration of the skin under the eye. It is also called dark rings or shadows. Dark circles occurs due to a pooling of blood under the eyes and they can spateperson along with puffiness and wrinkles. It is reported in studies that periorbital dark circles are caused by tiredness or working very hard or even just staying up late. There is strong consensus among researchers that genes play important role to develop dark circles under eye.
It is observed that periorbital dark circles are a result of the thin layer of skin below eyes that shows the blood vessels and the blood they contain more clearly than anywhere else on body.Other reason for developing dark circles below the eyes is periorbital hyperpigmentation, which is mainly a condition that results in more melanin being produced by the skin below the eyes and result in it appearing to be a darker color. This is mostly a condition that affects darker skinned people. Many research reports signify that dark circles are complaint by most of the females in India.
If discoloration and swelling appear under just one eye and seem to get shoddier over time, then immediately consult family doctor. If they want a more lasting solution than concealers and over-the-counter creams can provide, visit dermatologist for guidance.
Depending on causes of the circles under eyes, doctor may recommend prescription creams or a combination of treatments to reduce discoloration. Laser therapy or chemical peels can be supportive in some cases. Hollows that cause shadows can be smoothed with injectable fillers, and surgery can eliminate puffy lids.
Though, dark under-eye circles usually are not ailment and home remedies for dark circles under eyes may be helpful to manage this condition.
Females who have dark cycles beneath eye may try following home remedies as mild to moderate dark circles often respond well to simple and cheap treatments.
1. Almond Oil: Almond oil is very useful natural ingredient for the delicate skin around eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade under eye circles. Females can also use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes. The procedure to apply almond oil is that before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.Leave it on overnight.The next morning, wash it off with cold water. This treatment must be followed until the dark circles disappear.
2. Cucumber: Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent qualities that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Additionally, they have a soothing and refreshing effect. Procedure to apply cucumber is as under: Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more. Another way is to mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this therapy daily for at least one week.
3. Raw Potato: It is very useful in lessening dark circles under eye. There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes. To apply potatoes for treating dark circles, follow this procedure:
Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
4. Rose Water: Rose water has very useful ingredient for skin care. It revitalises the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
5. Tomato: Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin. Procedure to apply tomatoes for removing dark circles is as follows: Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gradually apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Tomato juice will also helpful for lessening dark circles. Females having dark circles can also drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
6. Lemon Juice: Dark circles can also be lightens with the usage of lemon juice. Vitamin C present in lemon juice that can also help remove dark circles under the eyes. The procedure is as follows:
Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks. Other way to apply lemon juice is to make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times every week.
It is commonly assessed that dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but these circles make females look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. Home remedies really work to lighten or remove dark circles.