Healing Effects Of Carrots
Carrot is a popular vegetable the over. It is a powerful cleaning food.
The therapeutic value of carrot is:
- It contains beta-carotene which in addition to giving the carrot its name and orange color, it also converts to vitamin A in the body which helps improve vision. The vitamin A forms a purple pigment called rhodopsin the eye needs to see in dim light. Rhodopsin production is spurred by vitamin A, raising the effectiveness of the light- sensitive area of the retina. Not getting enough vitamin A can actually lead to night blindness.
- The beta- carotene in carrots is an antioxidant combating the free radicals that contribute to conditions like some forms of cancer, including breast, ovarian and lung cancers, heart disease, and macular degeneration.
- Carrots also contain another antioxidant called alpha-carotene. A study conducted in Bethesda, MD concluded that men who consumed high amounts of alpha carotene have a lower incidence of lung cancer.
- It is rich in alkaline elements which help to maintain the acid-base balance.
- It is a good source of pectin and coats the intestine to ally inflammation. It checks the growth of harmful bacteria and prevents vomiting.
- Carrots contain great deal of roughage which helps to treat constipation.
- Fibre also helps in eliminating cholesterol.
: include(../com-food.php"): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/vegetables/carrots.html
on line 104
: include(): Failed opening '../com-food.php"' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/vegetables/carrots.html
on line 104