Green tea is prepared in such a way as to preclude the oxidation of green leaf polyphenols. Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Green tea is an anti oxidant. It has been found to detoxify free radicals.
- Green tea can lower the rate of esophageal cancer, mouth cancers and gastric cancers.
- Green tea is a hypotensive and thus helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- Green tea helps in preventing tooth decay.
- Green tea is also known to lower serum cholesterol.
Articles on Health