Healing Effects Of Turmeric
Turmeric is a member of the Curcuma botanical group, which is part of the ginger family of herbs. Turmeric is widely used in food, it colors the saliva yellow and leaves a warm sensation in the mouth.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Powered turmeric root is an ingredient of curry powders.
- Addition of turmeric powder to olive or sesame oil extends its shelf life due to its anti oxidant properties.
- Turmeric has the property to protect the liver against toxic substances.
- Turmeric use as food can reduce serum cholesterol.
- A substance known as a lipopolysaccharide isolated from the turmeric root has shown a capacity to stimulate and increase the activity of the immune system.
- Curcumin has anti cancer activity, probably because it is a powerful antioxidant.
- Turmeric has anti fungal properties.
- Turmeric stimulates the flow of bile, which helps fat digestion.
: include(../article-links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1
: include(): Failed opening '../article-links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1