Healing Effects Of Garlic
Garlic is known as the stinking rose. It is a member of the lily family. The odour of garlic is very powerful and penetrating and has a very long lasting scent if chewed.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Allicin is produced once the garlic is finely chopped or crushed.Allicin is an excellent anti fungal and is generally used for skin treatment. It is also good for the blood and its circulation.
- The Sulphides can help lower the LDL cholesterol level; hence helps keep the heart and cardiovascular system healthy.
- Studies have shown that people who eat garlic regularly have improved cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Garlic blocks the formation of powerful carcinogens. The anti oxidants in garlic protect cell damage by cancer causing free radicals.
- Garlic is a good herb which helps the body immune system, thus helps the system to resist infections.
- Garlic has the ability to lower and keep the blood sugar stable by helping to increase the amount of insulin available in the bloodstream.
- Warmed garlic oil in the ear canal is used to treat ear infections.
- Garlic helps in the digestion of meat and fat.
- The components of garlic that reach the infant through the mother's milk are believed to help in relieving colic and infections in infants.
: include(../article-links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1
: include(): Failed opening '../article-links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1