Healing Effects Of Watermelon
There is nothing more refreshing than a slice of watermelon on a hot day. Watermelon is a popular fruit of summer. It is the only fruit supposed to provide drink and food both. It is important to pick a thoroughly ripe watermelon in order to receive the greatest benefit. Good watermelon has firm, crisp, juicy flesh and is never dry or fibrous.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Watermelon, due to its lycopene content, helps to reduce the risk of prostrate and lung cancer. The incidence of digestive cancers, such as those of the mouth, esophagus, stomach, colon, intestines, and rectum, may also be lowered.
- Antioxidant properties of lycopene protects the cells from DNA damage.
- It helps the eyes to see normally in the dark.
- It helps lower the blood pressure.
- It helps maintain healthy skin.
- Watermelons help in curing enlarged liver and jaundice while the patient may be treated by any type of medicines.
- Watermelon makes the best kidney cleanser.
: include(../article-links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1
: include(): Failed opening '../article-links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1