Healing Effects Of Figs
Figs are soft, sweet and pulpy. It can be consumed in fresh as well as dry form. About 87% of fig crop is dried for the market. Dried figs are easy to store and eat and are available the year round. However storing them for too long is not a good idea as they mey loose flavour or attract worms. Fig leaves are also consumed by many communities. Fig leaves have been shown to lower levels of triglycerides as well as due to its antidiabetic properties, reduce the amount of insulin needed by persons with diabetes. However Figs also contain oxalates, which when they become too concentrated in body fluids, can crystallize and cause health problems. People with kidney or gallbladder problems can avoid eating figs.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Figs have a laxative effect due to its large cellulose content and tough skin. Tiny seeds of the fruit stimulate peristaltic movements of the intestine. Owing to this, figs are an excellent remedy for piles.
- The active agent in fig is benzaldehyde, a compound that ahs proven effective in tests on human cancer patients.
- Phlegmatic cases of cough and asthma are treated with figs. It gives comfort to the patients by draining of the phlegm.
- Figs in combination with soya milk are wonderful in between meals as a weight builder. Has a lot of fiber.
- Known to contain Potassium to improve blood pressure.
: include(../article-links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1
: include(): Failed opening '../article-links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1