Healing Effects Of Date
Date is one of the most nourishing fruit. It is also called "candy that grows on trees'. It is eaten in both fresh and dry forms. Dates grow all over the world in warmer climates but are extensively grown in the Saudi Arabian Peninsula and the Egyptian Belt. These are dessert areas where it has been difficult to grow other more popular fruits. Dates easily grow in the dessert areas where there is water bodies like the river Nile and the oasis. Dates from these areas are coveted and their taste enjoyed world over. The Date fruit is considered to be a complete meal in itself and is very rich in iron along with many other nutrients. Travellers in the desserts have survived days on water and dates. Dates have a special place in Muslim homes during Ramadan where they use it to break their daily fast.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Dates keep in check the growth of pathological organisms and help to establish a colony of friendly bacteria in the intestine.
- Dates have a laxative effect due to its fiber content. It prevents LDL cholesterol absorption in the gut.
- Dates water can be used with milk for children who have sensitive stomachs as it helps digest milk.
- Dates are heat producing and gives energy to people who engage in physical exercise and hard work.
- Dates are suggested to people who are aneamic as it has contents of iron.
- Dates are very good in potassium. 100 g contains 696 mg or 16% of the daily-recommended levels. Potassium helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure, thus it protects against stroke and coronary heart diseases.
: include(../article-links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1
: include(): Failed opening '../article-links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1