Healing Effects Of Banana
Banana is one of the oldest and best known fruits of the world. It can be consumed raw as a fruit and can also be cooked as a vegetable. It is a very hygienic fruit as it comes in a germ-proof package. It's thick covering provides an excellent protection against bacteria and contamination. An average sized banana has about 107 calories. The calorie content of bananas are low to medium and most of the calories in a banana come from carbohydrates. THe healing effects of Banana have been known for ages and many diets especially where it grows include it as a compulsory part of their meals. Most people consume ripe bananas after their meals, as it helps in digestion and also clears teh mouth of all spices. Some of the benefits of the humble Banana are listed below. The Banana is full of Nutrition and is also enough to sustain you if you are cast away. On a serious note, the Banana is one of the most affordable fruits in the world and it grows in wider parts of the world. In India, bananas come in different sizes and colour , some even with special medicinal properties. The south of India uses the banana plant in many ways. The leaves are used to eat on whereas the fruit is used to not only eat ripe but the green bananas are used to make vegetables and gravies, the flower and the stem is also extensive used with great health benefits associated with it.
Its therapeutic values are:
- Bananas are easy to digest. It therefore serves as a good weaning food for children and in a poor country like ours it also helps combat the severe problem of malnutrition.
- Banana neutralizes the over-acidity of the gastric juices and reduces the irritation of the ulcer by coating the lining of the stomach and is highly beneficial in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
- It protects the lining of the stomach against injuries by toxins, infectious agents, hydrochloric acid, alcohol and drugs. Banana consumption has been found protective against colo-rectal oral and lung cancer.
- Due to its richness of pectin, which is water absorbent and this, gives them a bulk producing ability, it is useful in diarrhea and constipation.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, a mineral that regulates heartbeat and blood pressure and provides stroke protection for older people.
- Bananas are also known as the "snack of choice for endurance athletes", for their ability to replenish the potassium lost through perspiration and their high carbohydrate content provides quick energy.
- Serotonin present in banana helps brain activities.
- Bananas are valuable in kidney disorder because of their low protein and salt content and high carbohydrate content.
: include(../article-links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1
: include(): Failed opening '../article-links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thisismy/public_html/health/food/com-food.php
on line 1